Thursday, October 29, 2015

Winter Cabin

I'm combining three challenges today: the Our Daily Bread Shining the Light challenge- to use heat embossing ad dry embossing,  the Splitcoaststampers sketch, and the Splitcoaststampers Ways to Use it challenge - brush work.




I heat embossed the cabin and rabbit and water colored the sky and colored the cabin with Stampin Up markers. The background designer paper was dry embossed and I added a greeting from the ODBD Christmas Carols set.


 

I have a soft spot in my heart for bunnies and this bunny from the Midwinter set is extra sweet! I wanted to make him a focal point so I placed him on a bed of branches made with the ODBD Fancy Foliage dies.

Stamps: Our Daily Bread Designs: Christmas Carols and MidWinter (AO)
Accessories: ODBD dies (Beautiful Borders, Fancy Foliage), Spellbinder scalloped circle die, MFT Die-namics(Double Stitched Oval Stax, Radial Stitched Circle Stax), embossing folders, enamel dots, heat embossing, water colors, Stampin Up markers, sponging.

Blessings, 
DJ

3 comments:

  1. This is cute and beautiful rolled into one, DJ!! I just love the bunny in the middle of the pine boughs. Your coloring of that image is gorgeous!! Stunning design my friend! Thanks for joining us again this week!!!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. This scene is just perfect and I love your bunny accent!! Fabulous coloring and composition with your embellishments (as always :-)) Thanks for sharing with us at the ODBD Shining the Light Challenge- hugs and have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your water coloring on this stamped image and that sweet little bunny in the midst of the greens!!! I'm always excited to see what you create and share with us!

    ReplyDelete