Tuesday, November 11, 2014

ODBDSLC217 - Holiday Card Part 2

The Shining the Light challenge at Our Daily Bread Designs this week is to make a holiday card.  Join us here for all of the details.



For my second holiday card I started with wonderful DP from the new ODBD Christmas Collection and gave it some distressing.  The star bouquet in the top corner was made with ODBD Sparkling Stars, which were also distressed and sponged and I intertwined a flourish.  The Wisemen image was heat embossed and colored with SU markers and layered on a scalloped oval SB die with corregated cardstock and a lace border.  I made a pastel poinsettia to go with the dp by cutting out the poinsettias in cream cardstock and sponging them with ink and adding glitter glue to the center.

ODBD Stamps Used:  We Three Kings
ODBD Papers Used: Christmas Collection 2014

Other Supplies: Spellbinder scalloped oval, foam tape,  embossing folders, heat embossing, Stampin Up markers, glitter glue, water pen.

Check out the blogs of my talented friends for more inspiration.





7 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous holiday card, DJ!! I so love your gorgeous coloring of the wisemen and all the added texture of the embossed stars, flourishes and corrugated kraft!! Stunning design my friend!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, DJ, what a beautiful card! I so love the wise men image and how beautifully you've colored them! And I agree that I love the texture especially the corrugated layer along with the beautiful poinsettia (such a lovely color). Stunning card for this challenge, my friend! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card full of differing textures and all the layers. The wise men seems to be very popular on our cards this week! :) Love how you did yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your distressed paper and your three wisemen are so prettily colored! Gorgeous scene and reminder of our Savior's birth and the fact that He is King of kings, even as a newborn babe!
    Beautiful dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful Christmas card.. Wonderful colors and coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card DJ! The textures and design with the wisemen and the stars look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card DJ. I love all the layers and the colouring on the wisemen is awesome :-)

    ReplyDelete