Monday, March 5, 2012

MFT Guest Designer Contest

This is the card I made for the My Favorite Things Guest Designer Contest. The theme this month for the contest is 'Hit the Books'. I brought the book challenge out in my card by adding wordy designer paper, a script embossed bg, and I made the card for a teacher thank you, teacher's always love books!!
I colored this precious Pure Innocence image with copics and paper piecing and I glossed the apple with Diamond Glaze, she's raised with foam tape on a My Favorite Things oval Decorative Doily die in black.

I really enjoy making flowers and MFT has the most beautiful flower and leaf dies.
The white flower is made with the e MFT Prima Donna Petals die set. I used a stylis from my flower making tool kit to give the petals dimension and added a half pearl to the center. The roses are made with the Mini Rolled Roses, I inked the edges and once again used the stylis for dimension. A seam binding bow, swirl die, and leaf dies bring up the rear.

Stamps: My Favorite Things Pure Innocence - Apple for You
Accessories: My Favorite Things Prima Donna Petals, Mini Rolled Roses, leaf, Decorative Doily, Faux Crochet Border, and Swirl dies, half pearls, embossing folders, Spellbinder dies, Copic markers, foam tape, seam binding ribbon, jewel stickers, Diamond Glaze.
Thanks for taking a look!

3 comments:

  1. DJ - This is absolutely STUNNING!!! Such texture and amazing dimension!! Gorgeous colors as well!

    Best of luck!!

    Crafty Hugs!
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  2. holy wow!!! I had to come here and look at those flowers again....I almost didn't think they were hand made....really pretty, DJ!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful! There is sooo much on this card- image, flowers, dp- and yet it is not over done in any way. Just gorgeous. How do you get the crumpled look to your seam binding ribbons?

    ReplyDelete