Sunday, February 12, 2012

Flower Tutorial

I really enjoyed making this card for the Verve sketch challenge and I thought I'd put a flower tutorial together in case someone might be interested in giving it a try.
This is my first tutorial so it looks a little like something Pigpen would put together, but here it goes.
I selected  two Verve dies to make the flower, Snowflake Tidings and Elegant Leaves, cutting out 3 sets of the flowers (snowflakes) and one of the leaves. I used Melon Mambo and Lucky Limeade paper and Purely Pomegranite and Lucky Limeade ink, all by Stampin Up.

Run the ink pad along the edges of the die cutouts to give color definition.


I don't have the fancy flower making tools yet so I used a other end of a stencil brush to give dimension to the backside of each petal and leaves.

Rough each of the petals up a bit and fold each petal up, then punch holes in the center of each one and stack onto an antique brad, with the smaller ones going on first.

Attach the flowers with leaves on the card, I also added a My Favorite Things swirl die to the background.





Stamps: Verve
Dies: Verve Elegant Leaves and Snowflake Tidings, My Favorite Things Swirl, Spellbinder label
Accessories: embossing folders, foam tape, antique brad
Paper: Stampin Up, My Mind's Eye

2 comments:

  1. Your flower tutorial is wonderful! Great job! Looking forward to trying this out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very feminine card - hope the receiver loves it!

    ReplyDelete